computer headset -> a normal pots 4P4C ?

hello,

i am sick of using the handset of my normal telephone and have found a headset with microphone that you normally connect to the sound card of your computer.

i am wondering if i can connect the low impedance -62dB microphone of the headset to connector 1 and 4 of a 4P4C connector (

formatting link
) and the 32 Ohm headphones of the headset to connector 2 and 3 of the

4P4C

or do i need to match and/or amplify anything ?

best regards, tom

Reply to
tom
Loading thread data ...

Tom,

As long as you have a high impedence earpiece (32 ohms) and an electret microphone you should be fine.

I doubt if you are going to blow up your sound card whatever you do...

4P4C connector and two 3.5mm stereo jack plugs should be fine. Polarity of the mic is important, but again, reverse bias it and you will probably live :)

Start off with music and headphones - that connector is the output (probably lime green), and connects to the inner pair of the 4P4C.

Pink carries microphone. Screen to the 3.5mm connector will be ground. The two remaining wires are bias and input to sounds card and need connecting together (maybe with a resistor and cap), see

formatting link
Good luck, sound like a fun porject.

Regards,

Mark

formatting link
and the 32 Ohm headphones of the headset to connector 2 and 3 of the

Reply to
MarkAren

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.