Channel slot mapping uses three bytes or up to three bytes in Channel ID?

Hi,

I have a query with which I was hoping someone may know the answer. With INS1500 the channel ID in a SETUP message can be described as channel slot mapping rather than channel numbering. This means that channel number 7 can be described as 00 00 40. This works out as:

0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0000

The bottom rightmost bit is channel number 1 while the top leftmost bit is channel number 24. In the spec it says

(11) Slot map (octet 3.3) Bit position in slot map corresponding to time slot used by the channel is set to "1". See Figure 4.19. The rest of bits is set to "0". (Note) Length of the slot-map (bit rank) is defined by capacity of interface type (e.g., 1536kbit/s as primary rate interface). Length of the slot map is minimum value of complete octet containing length of bit rank.

My query is that do we include the right most bytes if they are zero since the length of the slot map is supposed to be the minimum value? For instance is channel number 11 described in channel slot mapping as

00 04 00 or 00 04? This is important if other equipment is expecting a constant three bytes or a range of up to three bytes.

Kind regards, Michael

Reply to
joesoap71
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.