Call forward to outside number

Good morning, I have an NEC Electra Elite system in our office and one of our managers would like all his call forwarded to his telephone at home. I am not sure how to program this on our system. If anyone knows how to do this it would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Peter torp

Reply to
pct
Loading thread data ...

Without knowing exactly how the calls are getting to his phone in the first place, and how the system is programmed, the simple answer to your question is to press the Call Forward key (or dial the Call Forward code), dial 9 and his home phone number. I haven't worked on an Elite in 10 years, but I'm sure the Call Forward - External feature is still around. If it doesn't work, then it's probably restricted by class of service (Service Feature Class/Restriction Class in NEC lingo). You'll need a tech that knows NEC Elite to unrestrict it.

Regards,

Cap

snipped-for-privacy@wirepalad> Good morning, I have an NEC Electra Elite system in our office and one

Reply to
Cap

From a security standpoint, that is not a good idea. When you have forwarding to an external number, you are opening yourself up to hacking for long distance calls.

Ted

Reply to
Ted

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.