button jams

Hi

I have an old Merlin Legend system with MLX-10D handsets. After a while on certain extensions the MLX-10D handsets keys jam and the extension is rendered unoperational (except for picking up incoming calls). Did anyone ever ecnounter such a problem? Is it happening because of the handsets are old and crappy or is it because there is some problem in the wall wiring or PBX iteslef?

TIA Paolo

Reply to
vrkid0
Loading thread data ...

Yep. The membrane contacts underneath the buttons have built up oxidation. There are only certain MLX sets that experience this issue. You can identify them by revision number, although I have long forgotten the details. You can open up the phone and clean the contacts with a pencil eraser, purchase just the flex board as a separate part, or replace the entire MLX set. The choice is up to you how dirty you want to get your hands. I personally just take the hit and replace the entire set.

For details on this known issue see

formatting link
This board is a great resource for Merlin support, as frequent posters include folks who used to directly work for AT&T, Lucent, Avaya, etc. or else have supported these product lines for years.

Reply to
gregarican

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.