Avaya Phone Manager + Instant Messaging With Live communications server

Hello,

We are running the avaya system here, with phone manager on the deskstops. We also have a live communications server. Has anyone had any been able to get the instant messaging feature in phone manager working or no somewhere where i can find some resources on how to get it going?

Jason

formatting link

Reply to
Jason.Neurohr
Loading thread data ...

Umm...

Avaya's website perhaps?

formatting link
The answer to the question has it been done is yes but specifics will really depend on your switch and LAN configuration. What is the company that installed the switch is saying on the matter?

Reply to
Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

called up the makers of the switch had a quick chat to them. they basically said that it was a matter of tweaking some things on lcs and making sure dns is ok. as far as i can see with our setup everything is correct. They wouldnt give out specifics of what they tweaked tho.

Jason

formatting link

Reply to
Jason.Neurohr

did some packet sniffing this morning to try and see what was happening. basically i could see the phone manager agent trying to authenticate. but it was using the incorrect sip username. which was a bit confusing, as we didnt know where it was getting it from. i then relised it was pulling the email address from the voicemail address set on the pbx for each user. changed this restarted phone manager and horah we have presence.

Thanks for the help and hope this helps anyone else out there whoes having similar troubles.

formatting link

Reply to
Jason.Neurohr

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.