Avaya D6200 Series Phone

Hey There, I recently bought a D6208+ Avaya VoIP phone off of EBay. The previous owner of the phone had set a programming password on the phone itself. Without having to SNMP into the phone how can I reset the admin password? Is there a default one? The only option I have available in my Menu Function Key is for Directory. The last owner must have locked out the other features.

I'm tinkering with the phone to setup a small VoIP network for educational purposes (I'm majoring in E-Business in College).

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to reset the phone ?

Reply to
kevin.gordon
Loading thread data ...

Perhaps the previous owner is the best person to ask?

I would guess that if it was password protected, then bypassing it with SNMP isn't likely to be an option, unless they're hideously insecurely designed.

What are you attempting to networking them with? Or can they do VoIP peer to peer?

I'd google it if I was you. I hope for your sake it doesn't start whinging about license servers and whatnot. Also,

formatting link
has a quite a lot of info on VoIP stuff.

Reply to
alexd

Reply to
kevin.gordon

I have found what I was looking for. To reset most Avaya phones you can press

Mute OR Hold then the letters RESET then #

Reply to
kevin.gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.