Answering Message on MLS-12D?

Hi,

We've just purchased a business using the MLS-12D phones and don't see any manuals for them.

Is there way to program these phones to auto-answer with a recorded message after a certain number of rings?

Thanks so much for any help you can offer...

Richard

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
RichardMcCarty
Loading thread data ...

What key service unit do you have ? And is there a voice mail unit ?

TerryS

Reply to
TerryS

It appears you have a Lucent Partner phone system. On your display phone press "Feature" then 59. Your firmware version should come up. Post it here so people can help you better. Also, dial "intercom" 78 or "intercom"

1. See if anything answers. That would be your voice mail system if it does. If it does not, Google (or better yet, search eBay) for Partner Mail or Partner Mail VS modules 'cause you will need one if you don't have it yet.

Cheers! DA

formatting link
##-----------------------------------------------# Delivered via
formatting link
access to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.telecom.tech - 1749 messages and counting ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
telecom-gear.com

Thanks everyone for the assistance. Pressing "Feature - 5 - 9" does nothing on my phone, just displays F59 and the timer. "Intercom - 7 -

8" (and "7 - 9") also does nothing except return a busy signal.

Maybe my quick fix solution is a $20 answering machine?

I do appreciate any advice you can offer us.

Richard

Reply to
RichardMcCarty

You are right! F59 trick seem to only work on newer Partner ACS systems. Anyways, yes, a $20 answering machine when hooked up in parallel with the phone will work. You will have to make sure you hook it up to the first pair (central pins of the jack) as the second one carries power to the phone. Actually, any one line phone splitter shoud do since they usually don't have contacts for the second line anyways. Obviously, you would loose capabilities of having your voicemail pickup when you are already on the phone talking to somebody, but that may not be a big deal to you. In general, $20 answering machine approach should work if all you need is a single voice mail box. In other cases, I would still look for a Partner voice mail card for your system.

Cheers! DA

formatting link

##-----------------------------------------------# Delivered via

formatting link
access to your favorite newsgroup - comp.dcom.telecom.tech - 1755 messages and counting ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
telecom-gear.com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.