Analog Loop signalling question

I have run into a situation where several of a subs lines are not able tone dial on a line and break the dial-tone. Digits are sent but dial-tone continues uninterupted. All lines are connected to a PBX. 5 of the lines can dial out but 3 lines cannot. When a butt-set is placed on the line from the MPOE none of the 8 lines can dial out with either tone or pulse dialing. The question that I have is, what is the relevant measurements to determine why the signalling is not being picked up by the central office end. Is this a voltage issue with the CO equipment, a sensitivity issue on the CO equipment end, or an issue with the signal level that is being sent from the CPE? I found it strange that the PBX would be able to break the dial-tone but a butt set on the same line would not, this would seem to indicate that a "more hot" signal from the CPE might be the determining factor. Local loops are about 17Kft long. Equipment on the CO end can be set with a RCV gain of 0db to -9db, which would indicate a higher level of sensitivity to tone digit signalling? Thanks in advance for you thoughts and suggestions.

Reply to
JP26
Loading thread data ...
1) What do the subs have in common that the other working subs don't 2) You may be right it is a voltage issue, test voltage on/off hook
Reply to
fotoobscura

Depending on the type of PBX possibly a problem with DTMF receivers on the 3 non-functioning lines?

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.