50 pin adapters

I have about 25 channel banks scattered around the country in four call centers.The older ones are starting to fail and we are replacing them with Adtran units.But, the old ones use female 50 pin connectors and the Adtran male. The units are usually replaced by a supervisor after hours (to us) in a effort to keep 24 people busy. The sex problem came up one night. Always I thought if its hot its female, and this was a surprise. For a fix we have been sending 5 ft F-F cables. But there used to be M-M and F-F amphenol adaptors. Does anyone know a source for these ? We don't want to rewire the connection, the next spare shipped may be a different sex.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry
Loading thread data ...

look here for "Goof" plugs, on bottom left of page

formatting link

Reply to
Reed

Flat forehead ! How could I have forgotten about the Sandman. Thanks.

TerryS

Reply to
Terry

Heh, I usually call those gender benders but this name's a lot more honest :-)

Reply to
Rod Dorman

The times I've used them they were more 'lazy butt' plugs because I was able to slap one of those on rather than repunching a 25 pair.

And we won't go into the similarities with gender benders and butt plugs. That would be a COMPLETELY different NG. ;-P

Take care, Rich

God bless the USA

Reply to
Rich Piehl

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.