2-line; 2 message Answering machines

I'm seeking a 2 line answering machine...with 2 mailboxes.

BUT most assume Line 1, Mailbox 1; Line 2 Mailbox 2.

I want one to answer either line, and say For Bob hit 1 For Carol hit 2 So that the lines can be in rotary.

Anyone know if same?

It will need remote record/retrieve. In looking around, I'm horrified to see RadiosHack sells some that have a FIXED *3digit* password. Argh...

Reply to
David Lesher
Loading thread data ...

Sounds like the AT&T model 1182, it handles calls like that for up to 10 mail boxes. I don't think they are made anymore, but I have seen them on eBay and a few online stores, the price is really steep. I paid around $99.00 when I got it 10 or so years ago. It was made by Bogan for them.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

I found the link for a company that is selling them.

formatting link

Reply to
Steven Lichter

GAAK!

I can buy a small KXTD & VM for that much, I think!!!

But thanks...

Reply to
David Lesher

When they were made they sold for about $199.00, I got one for $99.00. Those are really good though. I use mine for call forwarding to my cell so I don't have to give the number out, plus when my BBS was up, I used the second line to give announcements when I had it down for work. I don't know why they don't make them, other then voice mail pretty much does the same thing.

Reply to
Steven Lichter

For $499? Are they serious? Holy crap.

Look, for that kind of money you could probably scoop up two Digium FXO cards, find an old PC, put Linux on then install Asterisk. You'll get the same basic thing except you can putz with it and expand it later.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.