Your cellphone is killing you: What people don't want you to know about electromagnetic fields

Your cellphone is killing you: What people don't want you to know about electromagnetic fields

MARTIN BLANK | April 12, 2014

formatting link

-or-

formatting link

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Earlier this year, 15 April 2014, I read this article on SFGate which caught my eye because I live in Los Altos CA:

Cell-phones' link to health problems debated - SFGate

formatting link

which begins:

" Every weekday morning, Bret Bocook sits in a cozy Starbucks in " downtown Los Altos. He sips coffee and reads the paper. But " mostly, he watches people as they chat on their cell phones. " " Then he walks over to deliver a message. " " "I was observing you on your cell phone," Bocook told a woman " after she wrapped up a lengthy call on a recent morning. "I used " a cell phone and I got a brain tumor." " " Startled, the woman politely listened. Bocook tends to command " attention, and not just because he has the tall, broad build of a " former competitive rower. The 49-year-old Los Altos man limps " with a cane, the result of a surgery that removed a malignant " brain tumor about four years ago but left him with shaky motor " skills. " " His right temple is indented where the tumor had once been. It's " also, he says, where he held his cell phone when he was a real " estate agent, racking up an estimated 1 million minutes over two " decades as he talked to clients. " " Bocook is now among a growing number of people who believe beyond " doubt that cell phones are a life-threatening health hazard. Some " medical experts have also begun to raise concerns about the " devices. " [...]

I believe the statements in the above Salon article given the additional articles I found Googing using this bracketed search term based on the above SFgate article:

[ guy who used cellphone has cancer where he held cellphone to his head ]

which found the following among many other results:

Fact or Fiction?: Cell Phones Can Cause Brain Cancer ...

formatting link

Cell Phone Gave Man a Tumor, According to Major Court ...

formatting link

Are Cell Phones Causing Cancer? - EMF-Health.com Articles

formatting link

Cell phone radiation: Harmless or health risk? - CNET

formatting link

Cell phones, Cancer and Brain Tumors - EHSO.com

formatting link

Can Cell Phones Harm Our Health? | Cancer Prevention ...

formatting link

Keep mobile phones, tablets or laptops away from your body

formatting link

Mobile phone safety. The real truth about the hazards ...

formatting link

Guys, I Have Brain Tumors - HelloGiggles

formatting link

And then there's this interesting article regarding folks who have appeared on the Larry King show discussing cell phones and cancer:

formatting link

with these extracted tidbits:

[...] Siegal Sadetzki, a physician and epidemiologist at Sheba Medical Center and Tel Aviv University in Israel, published her results ahead of the final report of the Interphone study. Like Hardell, Sadetzki found a side-of-the-head correlation, with heavy phone users facing a 50 percent higher risk for developing a salivary gland tumor on the side where the phone was placed. "I don't see my results as conclusive but as a red light to be careful," Sadetzki says. "It's premature to make conclusions; it takes 20 to 40 years for cancer to develop."

"We don't know the long-term risk of heating up your brain in those areas over 20 to 30 years," says Keith Black, neurosurgery department chairman at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. "All these studies have flaws." [...] He suggested that cell phones could have far broader health ramifications than smoking cigarettes, due in part to the fact that nearly three billion people talk on cell phones and only one billion smoke. [...] Larry King brought two oncologists and a neurosurgeon back to his show in July to address the subject. One of them, Keith Black, later said in a phone interview that "even if cell phones don't cause cancer, microwave energy heats up the tissue." [...]

Reflect upon what a microwave oven does to food and how warm both a cellphone and the side of the head become after a long cellphone call.

That's one of the reasons I installed Ooma VoIP in April 2014 as my home phone after abandoning landlines in 2002 becoming cellphone-only and why I now seldom use my cellphone.

Thad

Reply to
Thad Floryan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.