Your article "Wireless signals can be tapped by others" [Telecom]

Sir,

I am the temporary moderator of The Telecom Digest, an internet publication concerning telecommunications. The Digest includes the Usenet group comp.dcom.telecom, direct mailing lists, and relay services via Yahoo Groups.

Your article entitled "Wireless signals can be tapped by others" has been brought to my attention by a reader, and I invite you to respond for the record to these questions:

1. How many persons in Delaware County have been arrested and charged with unlawfully using a wireless internet connection which they were not paying for, and what statute(s) were they charged with violating? 2. Of those charged with unlawful access in Delaware County, how many have been convicted, and what statute(s) were they convicted of violating? 3. Who are the persons or companies that would benefit most from a decrease in unauthorized wireless usage in Delaware County?

Thank you for your time.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator The Telecom Digest

Reply to
E.William Horne
Loading thread data ...

In the UK:

formatting link
In the US 'use' or 'access is ok, but using it for criminal or abusive purposes is illegal and can subject you to arrest in any state.

The argument of 'stolen bandwidth' in wireless I doubt will ever be tested in court!

Of course, Someone is sure to prove me wrong in a few minutes!-)

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.