Why Amazon is sending you pictures of your front porch [telecom]

Why Amazon is sending you pictures of your front porch

SAN FRANCISCO - Have you suddenly started getting porch snapshots from your Amazon delivery person? You're not alone.

Amazon has been quietly expanding a program over the past few months in which some of its delivery providers take a picture of where they put your package. The photo is included in the notice of delivery received by shoppers so they know when it arrived and where to look for it.

formatting link

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

If they did that for me, it would be a picture of my back steps, exposed to theft and the weather. After a dozen attempts I've given up trying to explain to them that they should leave packages inside the front door, where the mail bins are -- the message seems to be accepted by their customer service team but is never transmitted to the drivers.

-GAWollman

Reply to
Garrett Wollman

In article you write:

I'm not surprised, since Amazon doesn't deliver their own packages.

In my experience, their deliveries all come via the post office and Fedex. Have you tried calling Fedex and telling them?

R's, John

Reply to
John Levine

Amazon's buying Ring makes more sense to me now. I have Ring and when anyone comes near the front door there is about a 20 second video taken and transmitted to Ring's database. I can access the video even if I'm not home. Amazon could also access the same video to verify a package was delivered.

Reply to
Arnie Goetchius

In metro areas (where they often have warehouses) they do their own deliveries. Mostly unmarked white Sprinter vans whose drivers wear safety vests.

Reply to
Dave Garland

We get a random mix of white vans and consumer cars and SUVs. Packages sometimes show up on the front door, side door, back door, driveway, front yard, on top of a trash can, or even laying in the street over a hundred feet from the house.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark G Thomas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.