Video Piracy Battle Enters Latest Round: Mobile Apps [telecom]

With the Mayweather-Pacquiao bout, live streaming from mobile apps was just one of the new piracy headaches facing media companies.

The method used by thousands of people to watch unauthorized broadcasts of Saturday night's big boxing match might have been new, but to longtime media executives, who have led one battle against piracy after another, it was the same old story.

Technology and its acolytes always find a way to make their content free.

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

I believe that those whom want to steal things will always find a way to do it, and that the costs of such thefts will always be born by consumers, and that there's little to be done about it.

However, when the drumbeat starts and I read about the "immense" losses suffered by media clonglomerates which have the power to get laws passed, I get scared. I'm afraid that the men whom are trying to prevent potential buyers from getting their content "for free" will be willing to make unholy alliances - with the FBI and NSA and all the other TLA's that want to snoop on my phone calls and your cellphone's picture files and our congressmen's dalliances and Angela Merkel's voice mails - deals to give an ever-more-paranoid Uncle Sam backdoors into every cellphone and computer and tablet.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.