The Great Downsizing of comp.dcom.* [telecom]

There is a proposal currently in news.announce.newgroups to remove 198 unmoderated newsgroups all across the BIG8. Because of the magnitude of the group list the proposal is not crossposted to target groups. Instead pointers are posted to a few selected groups.

The full text of the proposal is available here:

formatting link
formatting link
Affected groups that might interest you:

comp.dcom.frame-relay Technology and issues regarding frame relay networks. comp.dcom.isdn The Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN). comp.dcom.lans.fddi Discussions of the FDDI protocol suite. comp.dcom.lans.token-ring Installing and using token ring networks. comp.dcom.servers Selecting and operating data communications servers. comp.dcom.sys.bay-networks Bay Networks hardware, software, other products.

If you have any objections, please make them heard in moderated group news.groups.proposals. The "Followup-To:" header is set on this message, so simply replying to this post should do the right thing.

***** Moderator's Note *****

I support this change, since I believe that, at least for Usenet, less is more. I think there are too many groups laying dormant, and it's time to thin the herd.

However, if you believe one of the above groups should be retained, please make your views known to the Big-8 board.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Big-8 Management Board
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.