[Telecom] Rotary wall phones seen in new TV episodes

Tonight two different TV shows had WE rotary wall (554) telephone sets in service used by people as part of the plot.

The first was the new sitcom "El Capitan". The rotary phones were the house phones of an apartment building. All sets were black wall sets with plastic dials, some modular cord, some hardwired. Most had no number card.

The second was on the series "Terminator Sarah Connor". I don't want to give the plot away, but someone's person's fancy cell phone was smashed and found an old green wall set that was still live, and used it to make a call.

Sometimes TV shows have old rotary phones in the scene, but they are not in service and just as decoration. Interesting coincidence that two shows, aired back to back, utilized them.

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Speaking of which, last night a friend of mine sent a clip from SNL, it was Dan Akroyd doing an impersonation of Julia Child, the one where she cuts her hand is bleeding profusely.

Goes to pick up the phone, a 2554 it appears and says "Oh my, it's just a prop!" and then goes limp.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.