[telecom] Cell phones and towers

I have been tasked with finding a way to get strong cell service to a residential/business address in Massachusetts whose closest tower is about 2 miles away, and whose visitors, residents, and employees have different carriers.

I have researched some range extenders, such as Wilson products.

We aim for a low-profile solution - no towers, but we can attach what is needed to the inside and/or outside of the building (large two-story house plus basement). The address has multiple rooms on each floor, and is an older building (early 1900s maybe)?

If we believe antennasearch.com, the closest registered tower is about

2 miles away and happens to be Verizon.

What are the best options for bring multiple carrier signals to the address?

I looked for an email address for AT&T Wireless, for example, but could not find one - just an option to call customer service. I have a strong feeling that initial call would go over the person's head, that an email would eventually be delivered to the correct party.

For those who have had to explore bring multiple carriers to a soho of sorts, in Massachusetts, whom have you gone through? What were the rates for the consultant/professional? What were the end results for signal quality of the handset users?

Thanks.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Ehrlich
Loading thread data ...

A very easy approach would be to get femtocells from the carriers of interest. Those are tiny cellular base stations that use your broadband connection as backhaul. Verizon will sell you one for about $250:

formatting link

AT&T Microcell for $319:

formatting link

Sprint Airave:

formatting link

T-Mobile personal cellspot:

formatting link

The alternative is an antenna on the roof pointed at the cell tower, if you have line of sight, connected to a cell booster. Before you do that, go up on the roof where the antenna would be with your phone and see if you get a usable signal. If not, I'd go the femtocell route.

formatting link

R's, John

Reply to
John Levine

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.