Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Monty Solomon
March 22, 2014, 4:34 am
rate this thread
Being Smart About Phone Fees Overseas
MARCH 19, 2014
YOU WANT TO USE your smartphone while traveling abroad. But choosing
an affordable method can seem mind-numbingly complicated. Should you
buy an international roaming plan? And if you do, what does 100
megabytes of data get you anyway? Perhaps you need a hot spot pass?
Or a SIM card? If you don't want an eye-popping phone bill, it's
essential to decide before you're on the plane.
"The pain you can get from just a couple of mistakes can be big,"
said Bill Menezes, a principal research analyst covering mobile
services for the technology research firm Gartner.
With a little planning, however, you can stay in touch and on budget.
Let's walk through the three simplest ways to do just that, from the
most obvious to more creative (and cheaper) solutions.
- » Verizon Closes Hard-Fought Purchase of Straight Path Communications [telecom]
- — Next thread in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » [telecom] A Practical Guide to Buying and Selling Smartphones That Last / A Wild Idea: M...
- — Previous thread in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » Suspicious event hijacks Amazon traffic for 2 hours, steals cryptocurrency [telecom ...
- — Newest thread in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » The Phantom of the Open-Source Opera [telecom]
- — Last Updated thread in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » possible tt0 run First alert personailty disk on win 10
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Security