Single port vmail to wav file [Telecom]

I am looking for an answering machine that delivers its voicemail message via email with wav file attachment. I recognize I could rig something up with a PC, but don't want all the fuss associated with a PC.

Any ideas? I want to keep this under $300.

Reply to
John Schmerold
Loading thread data ...

I think the tears are dry enough to post now. It was a pretty good laugh.

How many people would buy a single port unified messaging voice mail? $300 is a reasonable price...for you, but it doesn't even come close to R&D and registration recovery costs, especially for a limited run. Now double that and you can get a Panasonic TVA-50 with LAN card to do that. Or try any one of the search engines for a software solution to an old PC for free or 1/2 of your $300 budget.

I pay $38 a year for MaxEmail, a voice mail and fax to email service with CID. Through the magic of the internet, I call forward my business line to a VoIP line, simultaneously ring my VoIP and cell phone, and no answer transfer it to my maxEmail line. If I absolutely wanted to forward all calls to voice mail, I could find something free and just pay the price of the phone call.

If you decide that PC answering machines aren't all that bad, here's one that is fairly inexpensive and you can try before you buy.

formatting link
Carl

Reply to
Carl Navarro

Something like this?

formatting link
Just don't use it more than 30 months.

John

Reply to
John Mayson

I've happily used Call Soft along with an el cheapo voice/fax modem and a PC for this function.

formatting link
The software is almost overkill for my requirements but it works well.

Tony

Reply to
Tony Toews [MVP]

$20 a year for MagicJack - it emails mp3 voicemails.

Reply to
T

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.