Samsung used my DSLR photo to fake their phone's "portrait mode"

Samsung used my DSLR photo to fake their phone's "portrait mode."

by Dunja Djudjic

Earlier this year, Samsung was busted for using stock photos to show off capabilities of Galaxy A8's camera. And now they did it again - they used a stock image taken with a DSLR to fake the camera's portrait mode. How do I know this, you may wonder? Well, it's because Samsung used MY photo to do it.

formatting link

***** Moderator's Note *****

when politicians appear on TV, they have expert makeup artists change their appearance so as to give the sincere-and-friendly image that will best help to get them what they want. I don't usually get excited about it: the lights used in TV, and the limits of the transmission medium, used to require makeup just to prevent the "death mask" outcome which lost the presidential election for Richard Nixon in

However, we have digital TV and better lighting now, and such tricks aren't needed. Politicians still use them, though: they probably feel that they'd be fools not to take every advantage.

Of course, you see where I'm headed here: Samsung is more interested in selling phones than in full disclosure. That, by itself, isn't a big deal, but it illustrates an important fact about digital media in general: we can never be sure how much of the truth survives the touchups.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
Monty Solomon
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.