Re: What Happened To Channel 1

[*] I get a number of questions at the office when my wallpaper changer

> pops up with the original WDSU-TV test pattern. It makes me feel old when > I turn out to be the only person there who remembers when test patterns > were routinely incorporated into the station ID slides ...

Any chance of a copy of that? It would be interesting to see.

You can find many examples of old (and not-so-old) test patterns and idents for British TV here:

formatting link

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I seem to recall when I was about five > years old my parents had a television set with a tiny little screen > which was maybe two or three inches round. And it had a _huge_ > magnifying glass attached to the front of it. PAT]

I never saw it, but my father built a set in the late 1940s/early 1950s using a VCR97 tube, which, if I recall correctly, was about 5 inches.

The VCR97 had been a very common CRT in radar sets and was available cheaply as government surplus at the time. Of course, the resulting monochrome picture would have been green!

- Paul.

Reply to
Paul Coxwell
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.