Re: Vonage Complaining Of VoIP 'Blocking'

Yep, and by those rules Cox shouldn't be considered a common carrier

> any longer. They actually teach parents how to implement filters on > web sites, etc. via Cox provided servers.

When was Cox EVER a common carrier?

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I can tell you that Southwestern Bell > has always claimed 'common carrier status' on their DSL service as > a way to avoid any/all spam filtering on user's mailboxes. They won't > ven sort perceived spam into a separate spam box as CableOne does. > It just all goes into your mailbox -- all several hundred pieces of > it daily. How you want to sort it is your business. Just call this > one of my several minor complaints with SBC, which is why I dumped > them out of my house totally. PAT]

This might be worth reporting to the FCC.

--scott

"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I have said this before: Regulators (any and all of them) only listen/respond to big telco. I talked to the FCC (informal complaint) and the Chairman (of SBC) regards this. SBC got tired of hearing from me, and the lady who responded on behalf of the Chairman essentially told me to quit bothering them with my complaints about (a) their phone service generally and (b) their DSL service in particular. When I suggested I would move my phone line to Prairie Stream she said "you can't do that; you have to stay with us." I said I would see about that, and put in my order that very day with Prairie Stream. SBC told Duane (president of Prairie Stream) that I was 'not eligible for transfer' because of my DSL. I guess she assumed I would be so hot for keeping DSL I would endure whatever crap they dished out on the phone side. I moved my internet over to CableOne and a day or two later, SBC reluctantly released my phone account. They sure have short memories. At least once per week for the past year now, I have gotten all sorts of offers trying to intice me to go back with them. And about once a month or so I also get from them collection notices saying I owe them $49.95 since I did not give them a month's notice before leaving. One day I got a collection notice and a 'such a good customer, we want you back' offer in the same day's mail. I do not know what good it will do, but I sincerely hope the FCC will *not* give necessary approval to the SBC/ATT merger unless the company agrees to continue UNE-P and give all the breaks they can to the other ISP's etc. In any event, I will **never again** have a Bell telco in my home. PAT]
Reply to
Scott Dorsey
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.