Re: VOIP Learning

In article , kimi wrote:

For VOIP learning, check out our web site at: >
formatting link

It's an ad farm, with a few hundred words of common knowledge sprinkled throughout pages of Google ads.

John Meissen snipped-for-privacy@aracnet.com

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Thank you for doing that evaluation for us. Still, those 'few hundred words of common knowledge' are probably new wisdom for many on the net. Fifteen or twenty years ago -- had VOIP been in common useage back then -- there'd have been no excuse for a page like that, but as the numbers of people on the net continue to grow, the amount of collective ignorance continues to grow with it. And the Google Scorecard -- that is all that matters for many website owners these day; how much revenue can be bought in each month from click-throughs. Remember how we used to say the 'death of the internet' would come from certain opinionated netters (back in the times when we old-timers were all very elitist). More of late, the theme has been the 'death of the internet' would come from all the spam/scam/fraud going on (which may be very true); but I think now the 'death of the internet' may come with the assistance of that great enabler of spam/scam/fraud/ignorance/nonsense in general, the Almighty Google Scorecard' i.e. how much is there for me this month? I really feel the Google Scorecard (or report of hits [page views] and ratio of click throughs to hits and how much Google will deign to pay us for the month) has done more to 'dumb us down' on the net than anything else. I guess I should complain about it, eh? I really wonder if all the folks who felt that of necessity the net had to go commercial if it was to survive at all stopped to think about this collateral damage we have seen: the gradual 'dumbing down' of the net and so many web sites being run by idiots, present case excepted, but of course. PAT]
Reply to
jmeissen
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.