Re: V35 and G.703 [telecom]

>

> > I would like to know what are the differences between V.35 and > > G.703 interfaces. Is there anyone who can help me to understand > > when V.35 interface can be used and when G.703 is preferred? > > > > Thanks in advance for your kind answer. > > -- > > The Telecom Digest is currently mostly robomoderated. Please mail > > messages to [redacted] > > Where aren't they different. > > V.35 simply stated has differential signaling on the datapath with > separate clocks (clocks are also differentially signalled).. it has > standard modem control signals (CTS,RTS etc...) which use single > end-ended signalling.. > standard connector is a winchester-connector. Standard (V.35) has > been withdrawn by the ITU, so implementations are loose. Typical > maximum datarate for V.35 drivers is 10 MHz. > > V.35 is used between a router and CSU/DSU, when the router doesn't > have this function integrated. > > G.703 defines standard telecom electrical interfaces including such > interfaces as DS0, DS1, DS3, E1 and E3. Interfaces use different line > codings (B8ZS, HDB3)and different medias for transport (coax, UTP, > STP). > > G.703 would be the interface which is on the "network" side of a > CSU/DSU. > > The diagrams below shows two possible implementations.. > > WAN --- DS1 ----- CSU/DSU ----- V.35 ----- Router ---- 802.3 --- LAN > > WAN --- DS1 ----- CSU/DSU/Router ---- 802.3 --- LAN > > WAN and LAN are networks > DS1, V.35 and 802.3 are physical layers. > CSU/DSU and Router are communications equipment. > > Matt

Hi, Can you tell me where i can buy G.703/G.704 to V.35 (Winchester connector) interface converter? I know many manufacturers have stopped production. I am looking for those that [are] still shipping.

Thank you. Victor

***** Moderator's Note *****

I'm not sure if G.703/4 were ever used outside the "V.35" interface, so I'm not sure what you're asking, but I'll publish this in hopes that someone else can help you.

Bill Horne Moderator

Reply to
vtang2015
Loading thread data ...

G.703 2 Mbps is the standard delivery for an ISDN30 voice circuit in UK & Europe (and other places outside US + Japan where those are still around).

V.35 is 1 of a set of serial interfaces that can sort of interwork with cable adaptors and some compromises about clocking if you cannot find V.35 specific interfaces - X.21 in the UK, but RS422 as well.

Most relatively recent equipment designed for a serial interface such as a Cisco router have had flexible multifunction serial interfaces for a long time - typically they support RS422, V.35, X.21 and DTE or DCE setup - you pick the one you want by strapping different pins together within a cable.

Reply to
Stephen Hope

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.