Re: The Letter From valent@mailrus.ru

> In article , TELECOM Digest

>> Editor noted in response to a message from Valentin >> : >>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I thought about this message for quite >>> awhile, and although it would probably qualify as spam (by virtue of >>> how many copies were distributed, I personally do not think it is a >>> scam. >> It's spam. >> Spam is theft. >> Therefore, it's a scam. >> If he's so hard up, where did he get the resources to spam with? >> Wasn't there just a thread on why spam continues, because so many >> idiots send money to spammers? Some are suckers for bigger bodyparts, >> others for free money, others for helping the needy. All of those are >> reasons that spam continues. >> Seth > It may be spam. It may even be a scam. Or it may be genuine. If > it's genuine, then we -- the recipients -- are in a position to help > soneone in genuine need. If it's a scam, then we may end up a little > poorer, and the scammer a little richer, but on balance, does it > matter? It's hardly in the same league as the Nigerian scam (and > anyone who falls for that needs their brains tested), so isn't it > worth risking losing a few rubles /kopeks/whatever ? I think it is. > Philip Taylor

Most if not all of the Nigerian scams have moved to the East European countries like Russia and Romania, and those people are really nasty, I let loose on one with some nasty language and got a threat back from them before Yahoo France pulled the plug on the e-mail address.

The only good spammer is a dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c) 2005 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot in Hell Co.

Reply to
Steven Lichter
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.