Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Bob Goudreau
September 6, 2018, 2:54 pm
rate this thread
This last statement is not true, and is, ironically, what Trump himself
is inaccurately claiming. The Post is not affiliated with Amazon; it is
the personal property of Jeff Bezos. Bezos is also Amazon's founder and
is currently its largest (16+ percent), but not majority, shareholder.
Amazon is therefore not the Post's corporate parent, though "half-sibling"
might qualify as an apt description of their relationship.
Agreed. More directly related to the telecom sphere, another worrying
example of political interference in markets can be seen in President
Trump's opposition to AT&T's effort to buy Time-Warner. There are valid
legal and public policy arguments about market concentration and such that
can be made against this combination, but "I hate CNN's 'fake news' coverage
of my administration" is not one of them.
- » UPDATE: Telephone and Cell phone Outage in Lincoln City, OR area restored [telecom]
- — Next thread in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » hone service briefly down in Richland County due to flooding [telecom]
- — Previous thread in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » Usenet group comp.dcom.telecom will be lagging for a while [telecom]
- — Newest thread in » General Telecommunications Forum
- » Things learned about Ubiquiti PoE adapters and devices
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Wireless Networking