Re: [TELECOM] Technology Re: NYS AG Cuomo settles with VZ Wirelss on "unlimited" da

In article ,

>***** Moderator's Note ***** > >At the start of my career in the phone company, only top executives >could publish memos with a justified right margin: producing them >required specially-trained typists with access to 1/2 and 1/4 space >enabled typewriters.

OK, _WHAT_ kind of a typewriter was that?

The 'traditional' typewriter capable of 'good looking' right-justification was the IBM 'Executive' line. Characters were 2, 3, 4, or 5, 'units' wide, and the space-bar was "split" with one side giving a 2-unit 'space', and the other a '3-unit' space.

***** Moderator's Note *****

I never knew which brand they used: IBM Selectrics were popular then, but it may have been something else. All I ever saw was the copy-of-a-copy. Come to think of it, I don't remember if we had Xerox machines, or if they were mimeos. Does anyone know when Xerox machines came into vogue in Ma Bell?

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Reply to
Robert Bonomi
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.