RE: [Telecom] Louisiana town changing its 666 phone prefix

"REEVES, La. After decades of living with what Mayor=20

> Scott Walker calls a stigma, residents of this southwest=20 > Louisiana village are getting a new telephone exchange,=20 > one without the biblical connotations attached to > their current 666."

There's been a lengthy thread about this issue on the TCI list. I raised a similar question about what folks in Salt Lake City might think about their= new overlay area code 385. Which spells, among other things, DVL, EVL, and ...= well I'll let you figure out the other one.

Thanks to Steph Kerman for suggesting DVL and EVL.

Neal McLain

Reply to
Neal McLain
Loading thread data ...

When I lived in Bend, Oregon in the 1980s, they had office code 382 that served my residence. I had two lines, one listed and the other an unlisted number for my company scheduling department to contact me.

I asked then NWM Bell to change the number to available number

382-5968. They wouldn't let me have the number.

Needless to say, though, there were a lot of 382-5XXX numbers assigned.

***** Moderaotor's Note *****

At the risk of stirring a hornet's nest, I'll add my anecdote:

When the Boston IMTS terminal was assigned numbers from the

617-223-8000 block, a friend of mine asked to be assigned 617-223-8747.

Bill Horne Temporary Moderator

Reply to
Sam Spade

What is the "TCI" list?

Are you talking about the Telephone Collectors International? I've been to their web page, didn't see any discussion groups. Don't recall anything in their newsletter either, except references to "bonus pages" I've never seen.

Reply to
hancock4

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.