Re: [Telecom] AT&T phone books

I'm curious as well about how many people (both Telecom Digest readers,

> and non-readers) still use a telephone book.

Many people do not have a computer at all. Others may have one but it is not always available or is used for specialized purposes and the user isn't familiar with search options. As mentioned, dial up users may find certain processes too slow since they bloat down their responses with ads. There are a variety of search options out there and a lay user would not know which are good and which are scum.

Using search engines is a mixed blessing since some of the information is grossly inaccurate. Search engines have my home listing wrong (not that I mind), yet continue to display an old listing that's been out of service for over five years. I've tried looking up other people and found similar inaccuracies, old listings or obsolete information still shown.

As it happened, I needed to use the telephone book yesterday to get a listing. Given search engine issues it was the fastest way to go. Further, I had already shut down my computer for the day.

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.