Re: [telecom] Ajit Pai proposes new rule that would allow carriers to block robocalls

Ajit Pai proposes new rule that would allow carriers to block robocalls - >

In my estimation blocking robocalls is only half of the problem. The other part is the ability to spoof caller ID. While there is an occasional legitimate reason to do this, it is being abused far greater than it should be.

I would suggest that anyone with a legitimate need to show caller ID that does not point back to the calling number would need to register the spoofed information with their telephone service provider. All other calls with incorrect caller ID should be blocked right at the source, or when they come into this country.

I am on the "Do Not Call" list (which I think provides a list of good numbers for the telemarketing industry), but how can I complain about calls received when they came from the little old lady down the street, or many that show "not assigned"?

...Bob

formatting link

Reply to
Bob K
Loading thread data ...

Well, for those with landlines, there are a plethora of custom solutions out there not available to those with mobile phones.

You can even interface a PC with the phone line and use a custom program you control. I'm sure the same blacklists could be incorporated here.

Reply to
Naveen Albert

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.