Re: SMS delivery confirmation [telecom]

On Sat, 4 May 2013 17:09:16 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher wondered:

>> ... does any cellphone show you when your outgoing SMS has not yet >> been delivered? > All those I've ever used while abroad have been willing to report > success or failure when delivering a message to the SMS gateway. On > failure, it would remain queued in the OutBox, urging me to Retry > sending it. Nokia, Motorola, and LG, brand-wise, all did this.

Actually, within the GSM standard there's a spec for "delivery reports" however, many operators disable that menu option. And I should qualify that this service doesn't work as normal with all GSM services. It works with T-Mobile and many other GSM operators giving you status as delivered, pending or failed. With AT&T the delivery reports are meaningless since AT&T uses a gateway for all SMS both to GSM and any other system (such as CDMA operators) so the delivery message you get from messages sent to AT&T are always "delivered" though all it means is that the message was delivered to the gateway.

Reply to
Joseph Singer
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.