Re: Oklahoma-Texas Fires, California Mud Slides-Floods

Ashley Gibs>> By ASHLEY GIBSON, Associated Press Writer

>> A rash of wildfires raged Sunday across Oklahoma, Texas and New >> Mexico, including one that burned several homes in northeastern >> Oklahoma City. > We had one here in Mustang, OK (near Oklahoma City). It burned about > 25 acres, destroyed 6 homes and many storage/out buildings. I don't > know how many homes were damaged. There were 3 minor injuries. We > were lucky and only had a little siding damaged. I did lose a 8x16 > storage building that was full of stuff and a 10 feet cab over camper. > My truck also has an unknown amount of wiring damage. > I was at work, but the wife got the sprinkler set up in the front yard > and loaded up the dogs. They ended up spending over 4 hours in the > car. It was moving very fast. We had fire equipment from 8 different > cities fighting the fire. We had at least 6 engines in an 8 square > block area and they still could not stop it from jumping the street. > Jim Rusling > More or Less Retired > Mustang, OK >
formatting link
> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: But the important thing is, your wife, > family and dogs are okay, so you did not lose anything that mattered, > did you? :) PAT]

Not the main things, but we had to put the older dog, Sampson, down this morning. He had been going down hill for the last 6 months, but the stress did not help any. I also lost some items that were my dad's and granddad's. The rest of the stuff can be replaced.

Jim Rusling More or Less Retired Mustang, OK

formatting link

Reply to
Jim Rusling
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.