Re: Missing ABN Amro Tape With Two Million Names Found

And potentially, it's still out there being used -- because I don't

> believe that ABN got that tape back yesterday. I believe they're > lying. It's just too coincidental. > [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, it is _possible_ that ABM got the > missing tape back after a month or so. More than likely ABM had their > shipment through DHL insured to a maximum value, and when an _insured_ > shipment gets somehow lost in transit, the package tracers will look > high and low, even a month or more to find it rather than have to pay > off on the loss. PAT]

No question, Pat, but let's look at the facts:

1) they lost the tape;

2) they were forced to tell their customers that they lost the tape;

3) the VERY DAY that their customers receive their letters, this tape MAGICALLY reappears.

This and the other coincidences are too much to bear. The bullshit meter is pegged.

And:

4) we have no way, nor will we ever have a way, of verifying that they're telling us the truth. Frankly, I have to assume the worst. This is identity theft we're dealing with here; ABN's exposure is tremendous. Sure they're going to tell everyone they got the tape back. They hope that six months from now, everyone has forgotten about it -- and that any issues arising from this will be ascribed to something else.
Reply to
Ron Chapman
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.