Re: Last Laugh! Scam IRS Says You Have Refund of $63.80 Coming

>> [TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: My Dear God! Don't those fools _ever_

>>> grow weary of sending out this crap day after day? Of all the >>> banks and other financial institutions I have seen fall victim to >>> these scams, this is the first time I have ever seen it tried on the >>> good old IRS. PAT] >> This one has been going on for a couple of years, the IRS issued a >> warning a few weeks ago about this again. Plus the IRS refunds are in >> even amount no cents, these guys are really fools, but they do get hooks >> in some new users. > IRS refunds are in even amount, no cents? I don't think I've ever had > one like that in the last 30 years or so. (The smallest one was > $1.60). Some of this may have to do with whether you round off to > even dollars in preparing your return, which usually seems to work in > favor of the IRS. > Gordon L. Burditt

You're kidding, right?

EVERY dollar amount on a 1040 form can be rounded, with amounts ending in .49 or less rounded DOWN, and amounts ending in 0.50 or more rounded UP. As with flipping a coin, while YOU might encounter a "run" where for the last three years you had to round UP, the odds are just as likely that you would round DOWN.

Gene

Reply to
Gene S. Berkowitz
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.