Re: How to Dial US Toll Free from Toronto

I live in Europe (to be precise Belgium).

Since the NANP consists of some 20 countries (USA, Can, Carib) is there a way of "knowing" from the +1 800 (888, ...) number to which actual country it is destined for?

obsidian

>> Can someone tell me how to dial 800 and 888 numbers in the US from >> Toronto? > Use Skype. Skype's calls enter +1 land as USA domestic calls, and > thus can access US-accessible toll-free numbers. What's more, Skype > won't charge you for them. > Skype can NOT, however, access Canada-only toll-free numbers. > -- Mark -- >
formatting link
Science does not emerge from voting, party politics, or public debate. > Si vis pacem, para bellum.
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: There is no easy way. For many years all those other countries shared area code 809, but I think 809 went exclusively to Puerto Rico (which is part of the USA [with the phone priviledges given to USA subscribers]) and the other countries were assigned elsewhere. A couple of islands in the Pacific Ocean which were originally international points (telephonically speaking) have since been moved into NANPA. In my opinion, NANPA is a very screwed up mess with various places that should NOT be in it attached, using the USA 'area code' type numbers and the '1' country code. No where else in the world other than Russia ('7') and the USA (and its collection of immediate neighbors sharing '1')gets to do that. Europe is a big collection of '4's, etc. I would prefer to see '1' broken up also, with for example eastern-USA as '11', western-USA as '12', Canada as '13', Carribean countries as '14' in each case followed by thier area codes or other breakdowns. Such a system would also allow each of these 'countries' to reclaim the area codes used by the other 'countries', assuring most likely we would never again at least in our lifetimes ever run out of area codes, etc, and make it a lot easier to do what you are talking about. PAT]
Reply to
obsidian
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.