Re: How to Change the Time on a Mitel SX-2000 Phone Switch

At your terminal, log into the switch using name (usually maint1 or installer) and password.

Go to the maintenance screen (press esc then 6; the 6 at the top of the keyboard not the numpad) from the desktop screen type in time 00:00:00 (24hr format) press Enter when done press Esc then 1 to log out

wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@telecom-digest.org:

Hey, with this daylight savings time coming up early, I'm left to > change the time myself. I can't figure how to do this, does anyone > know?
[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: I hope you all did rememebr to set your clocks _forward one hour_ sometime over the weekend. You may recall on Friday or Saturday I told you 'those of us with all the time internet connections and clock software should have no trouble; it would be done automatically'. Well not quite. I have two different clock software things here, I do not know which of them screwed up, or maybe both of them. I have 'T Clock Ex ' by Dale Nurden, which is mostly a fancy display thing, and I also use 'NetTime-2b7' which is Open Source software. I suspect the latter was the problem, since the author stated in his documents that 2003 was the last time he intended to work on it. It refused to allow any any manual setting of the clock one hour ahead, and it certainly would not volunteer to set it on its own. Using the Windows 'set time and date' function consistently brought up a message saying 'gross error found in clock; reset it or turn off time server?' and whenever I would manually change the '2' (o'clock A.M.) to '3' it would immediatly set it back to '2'. As soon as I tried manually changing the _date_ up to somewhere in May, the clock would go up to '3' automatically. Back the date back down to the right date, the '3' would be replaced by a '2' once again. Furthemore, I use a secure form of telnet called 'puTTY' to login to massis.lcs.mit.edu to work on this Digest, and puTTY refused to work during the time I was tampering with the clock. So I wound up changing the timezone to Eastern STANDARD time which is really what Central DAYLIGHT SAVING time is anyway. Both NetTime-2b7 and puTTY now worked okay, and as I found out later, T Clock Ex did not care either way.

It would seem to me that NetTime relies on the 'proper date' (the proper Sunday in April) to do its thing, paying no attention to the hours, just the minutes. Give it the 'proper' date (i.e. later than the old changeover date in April) and it will do its thing. I wish someone who knows about those things would do a software patch to NetTime to adjust it to the proper date for time changes, etc. The NetTime program is a good piece of software otherwise. PAT]

Reply to
Jonathan Williams
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.