Re: Era of the BBS

David B. Horvath, CCP wrote in :

Ahhh, but there were still flame wars and various factions of > users/members thrashing out issues. It seemed to be cyclical -- > increasing around the start of the school year and Christmas holidays. > The thoughts at the time were that students got to school (high school > or college) where they found terminals and modems -- or got a modem as > a Christmas gift.

There is a great bit in the bbs documentary (made by Jason Scott, starter of this thread, and I really think he did awesome work on it!!!) on 'the time after christmas'. One sysop tells in the documentary that he blocked the new user registration for three months after christmas, just so the newbies could learn the ropes on other boards before they infected his board.

I can recommend the bbs documentary to anyone who was involved in the bbs age and wants to look back at those days (and as usual: I am just a happy customer).

Koos

The Virtual Bookcase, the site about books, book | Koos van den Hout news and reviews

formatting link
|
formatting link
keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5| Fax +31-30-2817051

Reply to
Koos van den Hout
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.