Re: Create an E-Annoyance, Go To Jail

Typical mis-step by our esteemed legislators. Look, I have so many

> email addresses for various purposes. My blog only tells you my first > name. And I'm extremely critical of Bush & Co. on that blog.

But I'm sure your criticism of Bush & Co. is intended strictly to helpfully suggest ways in which they might improve, and is not written with the "intent to annoy".

I think the "intent" clause makes the law a little less bad. Otherwise, it would criminalize all those poor clueless dolts out there who are annoying without even trying (On the other hand, I'm annoyed by top-posting; maybe a law making it illegal would be a good thing).

Still, it is a pretty stupid law. "Preventing cyberstalking", as the amendment is titled, might be a good motivation. But as written, it doesn't seem to distinguish between targeting an individual with threatening or malicious email, and simply posting "annoying" messages on a website or bulletin board.

Reply to
Matt Simpson
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.