Re: Cost of POTS w/o Long Distance

>> If one calls the Verizon business office the charge is now

>> $5.50. However, if one were to establish an account on-line and use >> the Internet (see, there are advantages -- at least for now -- in >> using the Internet!), the charge to change LD carriers is only >> $1.25. AND if you change both regional toll and LD carrier at the same >> time the charge will be discounted an additional 50%. > This actually makes sense. If you call the office, a human droid must > take the info from you and enter it into some system that will make > the change. > If you do it online, it gets done "untouched by human hands" and costs > VZ considerably less.

Do you mean to tell me that when I had Verizon I could turn features on and off via their web interface and the switch would actually make the changes sans human contact?

That isn't the Verizon that I know. For example -- on the Business/Government side in order to get a Verizon screw up fixed takes a minimum of four people at Verizon including a VP, and account exec, one of that account execs flunkies and a switch technician.

That might be why the average cost of a line in this area is $35 a month.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.