Re: Cost of POTS w/o Long Distance

I don't think this is true.

> If you have specified that you don't want an assigned (preferred) LD > carrier, then a LD call DIALED "by accident" would not complete. > Random carrier assignments are only made for those customers who state > that they DO want LD service but don't have a preference for which > carrier is used. This usually only happens when a new line is > activated (installed, connected, turned on ... whatever). > If you have specific information about a LEC that will do what you > claim, please provide the details.

I suspect you are correct, but I have insufficient data to tell, conclusively, from my experience.

Brief summary follows. Location, SBC, former Ameritech, specifically Chicago. Incident involved intrastate local toll rather than interstate LD. I had switched interstate LD carriers, and during the transaction, without my knowledge, local toll carrier on one of my two lines apparently was listed as unassigned, as you speculate. I rarely use that line for outbound, but one month I had two local toll calls. Both were assigned (randomly?) to Sprint, which charged me $1.19 a minute (!) for a call from Chicago to Wilmette, a Chicago suburb.

After a bit of argument, it was agreed that SBC made the error, and charges were reversed.

Reply to
BobT
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.