Re: Cordless phones not ringing

WOW! The value of instant confirmation with my own phone problems (that

> have been driving me batty for 5 weeks) - priceless!!! > > I had the exact issue, down to the AT&T DSL. Had already performed all > of the tests listed. My corded phone rang, nothing on the cordless (Uniden > 5.8 G). New Panasonic phone - same problem. Confirmed that the phone worked > by trotting it over to a friend's house, where it worked fine. > > I called At&T as I am one 'of those' who still had the > whatever-I-pay-each-month-linebacker service, figuring it was here in the

house, but knowing I

was covered to have them locate it. > > Turns out he found a bad "circuit card" in the street box down the road. > The 1 ring and you're seemingly auto-connected issue is also a part of the > bad circuit card. He told me it's usually caused by heat, even though > there's a fan in the box. > > Hope this helps someone, and saves you from having to hire someone to > start with your house wiring! > Nancy

Oh heat! The lowercase at&t knows all about that, they've had several remote DSLAM's explode lately.

Reply to
T
Loading thread data ...

house, but knowing I

"explode?!" video at 11???

Is this caused by your neighbor's downloading?-)

Reply to
Rick Merrill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.