Re: Cheapest Way to have Phone Line and Forward It [Telecom]

Fri, 17 Oct 2008 13:40:55 -0700 (PDT) snipped-for-privacy@huntercomputerinc.com wrote:

Reply to
Joseph Singer
Loading thread data ...

the wireline phone number to your mobile number?

around

formatting link
No, I don't need a wireline phone (just a wireless). Will Vonage port the wireline phone number to my mobile?

Reply to
jhunter

No, but your mobile carrier probably will. First port the number, then tell Vonage. If you tell Vonage first they will try by fair means and foul to prevent the port.

FYI, when I did this, Vonage never noticed that the number was ported away, so Vonage users could no longer call me. (Their loss.) Things got more amusing when Vonage attempted to reassign the number to a nearby college student, and her father couldn't understand why he got me when he called her. Fortunately, I happened to know a member of Vonage's board of directors and sent a note through him which promptly resulted in fixing it and a couple of impressively brown-nosing phone calls from Vonage.

Regards, John Levine, snipped-for-privacy@iecc.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies", Information Superhighwayman wanna-be,

formatting link
ex-Mayor "More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.

Reply to
John Levine

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.