Re: Challenge to Hospitality: The ID Check in the Lobby

The advantage of the passport is that it does not have address. It

> also does not have SSN (or a key that is easily cross-referenced to > SSN).

For simple ID in cases like this the passport will work. But to say open a bank account I wonder if banks will accept a document that does not have an address and a key number. In other words, when they ask for your license, they record that key number and your address.

You can have a driver's license and a passport (I don't believe > you're really allowed to have the license and the non-license ID).

True. I wanted to get a non driver's ID card for this very reason; plus I wanted to keep my driver's history separate. In other words, if a cop stops me while walking down the street, he has no need to see my driver's license, just some official ID. (A passport would be useful, unless he wanted an official address as well.) But you're only allowed to get a non driver's ID if you can't drive. They appear to be rather fussy about giving them out.

I'll use my passport when I know I'm going to need specific ID (new > job, getting a mortgage, etc.).

My only concern would be losing your passport. Is it hard to replace if lost or stolen?

Reply to
hancock4
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.