Re: Cell Phone Use Coming for Airbus Fliers

Joseph commented on Re: Cell Phone Use Coming for Airbus Fliers on Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:48:51 -0800:

>>> And before anyone gets upset GSM 800 is the same thing as GSM 850. >>> For some reason unknown to me when GSM was introduced to use on >>> cellular networks it was decided to call it GSM 850 even though it >>> uses the same transmit and receive frequencies as other cellular >>> technologies such as CDMA or TDMA (IS-136.) >> The official definition, found at >>
formatting link
> says that 850 and 900 are different: > Well, yeah! But GSM 850 and 800 are the same thing as I said in my > first post.

Since there are no references to GSM 800 in the official documents (hence, it doesn't exist), I figured it was a typo for GSM 900.

In any event, there is no carrier in the world claiming to provide GSM

800 service.
John Lev>> Some North American GSM phones also do 900 or 1800 for people who >> travel to Europe. My wife's Moto V220 does 1800. My old Moto >> Timeport did 1900/900/1800 until I ran it through the washing machine. > I've seen some phones referred to as "world phones" -- I assume that > is what you're describing.

Yes.

Reply to
Marcus Didius Falco
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.