Re: Cell Phone Radiation Dangers

Isaiah Beard wrote:

>> Dean wrote: >>> A while back some on this list engaged in a lively debate about cell >>> phone radiation risks. This article may have some information of >>> interest to those of you who think this issue isn't dead yet. >>> The cell phone industry: Big Tobacco 2.0? >>> By Molly Wood, senior editor, CNET.com >>> Tuesday, March 8, 2005 >> Oh, C|Net. Now we KNOW it's quality journalism. >> Consider that Ms. Wood readily admits she has an agenda (she has an >> axe to grind with cell phone manufacturers over what she perceives as >> "iron-clad control over phone releases and pricing, its >> ever-lengthening contracts, and the annoying habit it has of crippling >> Bluetooth phones so that [she] can't use them the way [she wants] >> to"). I would thus take this with a heavy handful of salt. >> E-mail fudged to thwart spammers. >> Transpose the c's and a's in my e-mail address to reply. > OK OK, I'm not saying there's anything absolutely definitive in that > article. But it seems certainly prudent to use a headset and try to > keep the antenna at a certain distance -- just as she suggests toward > the end of the article. (although I think I read somewhere that the > cord of the headset can have some adverse effect too - one can only > take so many precautions and still be reasonable:-) > Regards,

The problem is that many of the headsets are now Bluetooth enabled. Those put out signals on what, 2.4GHz at relatively low power.

Reply to
Tony P.
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.