Re: Cannot Get Answer from Verizon

Folks,

> > I have an issue I need to get an answer from Verizon Wireless on. > > When I spoke to their customer service, they told me to write > their support team at the following address and they would get it to > the right person so I could get an answer: > > Verizon Wireless > Correspondence Team > Attn: Customer Service / Carrier Network Department > P. O. Box 660108 > Dallas, TX 75266-0108 > > I sent my first request to them on July 4th. I never got a reply > either by mail, email, or phone. > > I sent a second request [for the same information] to them on > August 7th. Still no reply of any kind. > > So on August 28th, I wrote them again and this time I copied the > Verizon Corporate Headquarters with copies of my current and > previous correspondences asking that they respond to my inquiry. > > This is the Corporate address that I used: > > Verizon Corporate Offices > 1095 Avenue of the Americas > New York, NY 10013-6797 > > It has been ten days and still no phone call, email, or reply.
[Mod Snip]

Folks,

I am sitting here laughing because the letter I sent to Verizon Corporate Headquarters (the address above as I copied it exactly off of their Web site) was returned to me today as having an 'insufficient address'.

If I can't rely on their address information on their Web site, how do they expect customers and business contacts to reach them?

Very, very, sad for them! But I am ROTFL!

What does this say about Verizon?

Fred

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
  • The Telecom Digest would not be possible without the generous support +
  • of the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory at MIT +
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+
Reply to
Fred Atkinson
Loading thread data ...

For what it's worth, I do research into corporate history. Years ago, corporations maintained public relations department with prominently published addresses to handle inquiries from the news media and individual. This was once considered an important function to maintain customer loyalty and public goodwill. One could even walk in off the street and see a p/r person*, but today security restrictions discourage that.

But today I've noticed it's hard to find an mailing address on a website. It seems fewer corporations publish descriptive annual reports for the public, releasing only mandated financial data (e.g. a 10-K). Many companies offer only a brief summary on their web page. Some have a "contact us" email box to use.

In addition, a number of old companies maintained libraries or archives, which could be visited by the public for research. They too have been closed, sadly. I think their reason was activists would dig up literally ancient actions and use them for litigation.

• Tom Watson Jr, former president of IBM, wrote about all of this in his memoir, Father, Son & Co. IBM made sure that individual and media inquirers were given full service. Personally, when I was a kid, I visited IBM out of curiosity, and in response they gave me a whole tour of their facility. Bell Telephone was very security conscious years ago, but after a request, they let my family visit a central office.
Reply to
HAncock4

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.