Re: AT&T drops Appleton, WI time/temp service - local guy picks it up [Telecom]

David Kaye wrote in

> : > > >> >> This is so funny. Ever since AT&T dropped both the time and the >> weather services (here in San Francisco they were POPCORN and >> WE6-1212, I've had a hankering for time and temp. Time, especially. >> >> Heck, I used to have a 5-line POTS line broadcaster but no longer >> have it. I shouldn't have tossed it. >> >> Anybody have leads to a fairly inexpensive multi-line POTS >> broadcaster? > > All those phone companies stopping this service should have secondhand > equipment for sale. > > But: if you can live without the solder smell and copper of POTS lines, > building something which tells time in an Asterisk voip pbx is easy.

Asterisk of course also supports FXO cards, including ordinary Winmodem clones of the "Wildcard X100" which can be bought for typically $3.00 online, as well as the Digium multiport cards, and those from other makers, and of course PRI cards, etc.

I run an asterisk box that accepts incoming POTS calls and routes them into an audio feed of an online communications receiver. They can listen to WWV if they wish for their time sync ;)

Michael

Reply to
Michael Grigoni
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.