Re: Apple is building a major defense against spam calls into iOS 13 [telecom]

***** Moderator's Note *****

> > Spam prevention is, and always be, an arms race. This capability will > slow down the callers for a few weeks, and then they'll pay for the > linked lists that show the phone numbers of your children, barber, > mechanic, minister or Rabbi, etc., etc. > > The solution to spam calls is the same one I've advocated for years: > answer the call, and do everything you can to waste the time of a real > human. Everything else is just talk, but the warm bodies have to be > paid with real money, and if even a small percentage of victims fought > back, the industry would be out of business inside a year.

Indeed. If it's convenient, especially on what are obviously business calls, I press "1" to speak to an agent. As soon as they come on, I say "please hold" and hit the button to have my VoIP provider play them bad jazz until they go away. Wasting their time, that's what counts. Them asking "are you the business owner" definitely trips that behavior.

Reply to
Dave Garland
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.