Re: Amtrak Passengers Stranded in Woods in Georgia

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Sorry Mr. Leatherock, that was not _me_, I think you were quoting Mr. Stewart talking to someone else in that message. PAT]

Somehow the lines that you wrote got dropped out and the indication of what was quoted matter got messed up. The only text which should have been shown as quoted matter was a sentence you wrote and to which this was a response.

All the rest of the text was my reply to your comment. A corrected version of the post follows.

---

[Begin corrected version of message]

In a message dated Fri, 30 Dec 2005 21:50:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@telecom-digest.org writes in reply to Jim Stewart :

Amtrak knew, or should have known what would be imposed on them when they > took over the system.

The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, originally called Railpax and later adopting the trade name Amtrak, was created out of whole cloth. Many people thought then, and still do today, that it was created to bring an end to railroad passenger service in the U.S.A. within a few years.

It was likely as much a surprise to the original managers as to the public and the rest of government, that they made a go of it against all odds.

Wes Leatherock snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Well, here is the corrected copy of your message; sorry I screwed it up yesterday. PAT]
Reply to
Wesrock
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.