Re: A New Radio Station For Our Town

I am very pleased to report we have a new _all classical music_ radio

> station here in southeast Kansas. Actually, KOSU is licensed out of > Ketchum, Oklahoma (more or less across the state line) from > Coffeyville, KS but it has a _very good_ signal here in Independence.

The call sign is a clear tip-off, Pat: this is the Oklahoma State University station. College and university radio and television stations, funded by a combination of tax money, grants from private-sector foundations and contributions from individuals, are often a great source of classical music and other 'artsy' programming that is not viable in the hard-scrabble (not to mention philistine) commercial media environment.

Cheers,

Henry

[TELECOM Digest Editor's Note: Actually, I found out after I posted that item of one small correction. The actual call sign is KOSN not KOSU, but it is part of the KOSU (and OK State University) 'family'. It is at 107.5 FM. I found this out when I started listening more closely. Two or three times each day, they take a full minute out of their programming to rattle off _all_ the call signs and frequencies they own, something like this: "KOSN, Bartlesville and Ketchum, 107.5 FM; KOSU, Stillwater and Tulsa, 90-something, some other call sign, other towns, frequencies, etc, all services of Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK." So I guess what I hear here now is the /N/ version, not the /U/ version. In any event, it is very loud and very clear, 'stereo' light nicely illuminated, which I could only get before on 89.9 KRPS provided I had the cable line plugged in. And since Oklahoma State University and their telecommunications education program is one of my patrons here at the Digest, I guess I should say thanks a little more often to them. PAT]
Reply to
Henry
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.